This website is dedicated to former members of the 38th Tactical Missile Wing (USAF) that were stationed at Sembach Air Base, Germany between August, 1959 and September, 1966.
- August 20, 1959 – 38th TMW headquarters moved from Hahn AB, Germany to Sembach AB, Germany
- September 25th, 1966 – 38th TMW deactivated (Mace A TM-76A / MGM-13A curtailed)
Upon its arrival at Sembach AB, the 38th TMW initially wielded the shorter range Matador TM-61C, ground-to-ground cruise missile system, but shortly afterwards migrated to the longer range Mace A TM-76A (MGM-13A) weapons system.
Organizational Mace A missile units at Sembach AB included:
- Long Count Launch / Maintenance Crews – 822nd TMS
- Rapid Fire Multiple Launch (RFML) Crews – 822nd TMS, 823rd TMS,
and 887th TMS
- Missile Maintenance Personnel – 587th MMS and 38th MMS
- 38th TMW HQ / 38th Combat Support Group Personnel – 38th TMW
“Subscribe” to our website and we’ll send you an email when updates are made.
- Photos, Special Orders and anecdotes wanted – all Sites & Squadrons (822nd TMS, 823rd TMS, 887th TMS, 587th MMS, 38th MMS and 38th TMW).
Please contact me if you can help. Danke schön!